DentaCross is celebrating Dental Health Week from the 2nd August to the 8th August!
The 2021 campaign focuses on the importance of taking steps to care for your teeth and gums to help you to keep your teeth and smile for life. The ADA’s main oral health messages and the four key messages of the 2021 DHW campaign aim to reinforce the importance of maintaining good oral health to keep your teeth for life:
• Brush teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste.
• Clean between your teeth daily using floss or interdental brushes.
• Eat a healthy, balanced diet and limit added sugar intake.
• Visit the dentist regularly for check-ups and preventive care.
It should not be a normal expectation that at some stage of your life, teeth will need to be removed because of tooth decay or gum disease. Australians should expect to keep their teeth for their lifetime and practising these four simple routines can help people to reach this goal. After all, you do not expect to lose an arm or leg, so why expect to lose any of your teeth?
Tempting as it is to think that everyone is practicing good teeth and mouth hygiene, the reality is that the oral health of many Australians is not where it should be.
• 75% adults rarely or never floss or clean between their teeth.
• 1 in 5 adults brush only once per day.
• 39% of parents report their children drink 2 – 5 soft drinks per week.
• 2 in 3 adults usually visit the dentist for a problem rather than a regular check-up.
• 47% of adults (18+ years) consume too much sugar.
The best way to keep your oral health up to date is to have regular visits with your dentist. To book for a check up today with Dr. Lina or Dr. Jackie for after restrictions are lifted call us on (07) 3204 9322 or you can book at www.dentacross.com.au.